AMMAN – April 10, 2016 - HE Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh, chairman of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org) hosted Secretary General of the Council of Arab Economic Unity (CAEU) of the League of Arab States HE Ambassador Mohammad Al Rabie; where they discussed a number of issues related to various fields.
Dr. Abu-Ghazaleh thanked HE Al Rabie for dedicating the time to meet him and TAG-Org delegation. He also presented what the Organization can provide in various fields to serve the Arab nation under the joint Arab framework. In addition, he affirmed that the Organization is ready to cooperate with the CAEU in many projects to achieve that goal and welcomed any idea proposed by the Council that could serve the interest of the Arab economy and education.
For his part, Ambassador Al Rabie expressed his pride to meet an Arab figure whose name became associated with the development, modernization and youth service.
Al Rabie stated “he began his journey in guiding the Arab Economic Unity forward by holding its first session in Cairo in June 1964. The Economic Unity system is responsible for managing the agreement of the Arab Economic Unity and translating it into reality. The system also includes 58 Arab associations and participants from all Arab countries.”
The meeting involved discussions regarding many issues and subjects including:
1. Work on the three projects prepared by TAG-Org in the field of eradicating illiteracy (IT, language and culture). The current decade had been set under the name “the Arab Decade for Illiteracy Eradication” and the Organization began to implement it in Palestine.
2. Establish a list of the Council’s affiliates to discuss the competence-specific cooperation and a list of the Arab associations working with the Economic Unity Council. Also study the challenges that face these associations.
3. Hold the annual meetings of multiple organizations chaired by HE Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh related to the issues of education and capacity building at the League headquarters.
4. Conduct a study on trade support in Somalia, Djibouti and the Comoros by the Organization similar to the studies it prepared and to be released, mainly on Palestine, Yemen and Sudan.
5. Adopt the “Arabic fluency” exam for the non-native Arabic speakers as the League is the most appropriate to accredit this exam. And affirm that this exam, named “اطّلع” (Ettali’), is an examination program and not an educational one.
6. Develop a project that serves the multiple Arab needs to benefit from the opportunity offered by the Government of the People's Republic of China allocating 55 billion Dollars to support and develop the Middle East.
7. TAG-Org establishes a free fully-equipped knowledge station at the Council headquarters that serves the Arab League and its visitors through the mechanism it deems appropriate.
8. Tripartite memorandum of understanding among TAG-Org, ESCWA and the Arab Industrial Development and Mining Organization to implement the Arab initiative to adapt nanoscience, nanotechnologies and converging technologies and use the technologies in energy production and water desalination.
9. Host the Arab Food Industries Union at Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Knowledge Forum in Amman to formulate the cooperation in supporting all industries in term of quality and develop their quality and marketing programs.
10. Allocate a time to talk about the Economic Unity Council to revive the idea of the unity via Talal Abu-Ghazaleh’s economic and cultural radio expected to be launched soon.
11. Cooperate in establishing an Arab company specialized in the alternative energy.