The event is held under the patronage of the League of Arab States Secretary General Dr. Nabil El Arabi and the presidency of HE Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh in cooperation with the League of Arab States /Social Affairs Sector - Education and Scientific Research, National Quality and accreditation agencies in the Arab region, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization and Association of Arab Universities
AMMAN------August 28, 2012------ The 4th annual Conference of the Arab Organization for Quality Assurance in Education (AROQA) will be held September 2-3, 2012 at the Smart Village in Egypt under the title Methods for Consensus and Common Standards for Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation in Arab Universities.
The event is held under the patronage of the League of Arab States Secretary General Dr. Nabil El Arabi and the presidency of HE Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh in cooperation with the League of Arab States /Social Affairs Sector - Education and Scientific Research, National Quality and accreditation agencies in the Arab region, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization and Association of Arab Universities. Dr. Abu-Ghazaleh said:" In order to expand cooperation among Arab universities and to find methods of consensus and common standards for quality assurance in education and academic accreditation between them, the Board of Directors have recommended the coordination and participation of the Arab QA and accreditation bodies in the 4th annual conference during their meeting that was held on 16-6-2011 parallel to the third Annual Conference in Cardiff, Wales –UK, and it was agreed to hold the 4th annual conference at the League of Arab States in 2012."
He added:" Educational institutions, particularly in the Arab region, have witnessed major developments such as the rise in the number of universities and students, the private sector’s investment in higher education; in addition to the emergence of new types of education such as Open Education and Distance Learning."
Academics, policy leaders, representatives of quality assurance and accreditation agencies and quality experts in the conference will discuss methods for consensus and common standards for quality assurance and accreditation, and pedagogical concerns in educational institutions. The theme of the conference will focus on developing new learning models, accreditation systems, and capacity building.
The conference will seek to achieve the following objectives:
• To raise awareness among policy makers about proper means and standards for quality assurance systems and standards for accreditation in educational institutions, and find consensus between them.
• To explore international and regional cooperation for improved quality in education
• To raise awareness about world standards and procedures necessary to obtain accreditations.
• To address challenges that hinders the implementation of quality assurance systems in education and discuss ways to overcome these challenges
• To identify trends and best practices for quality assurance in education and discuss cooperation venues to seek implementation
• Expansion of active participation and cooperation between Arab accreditation bodies.